How to prevent wrinkles?

(Last Updated On: 23 August 2018)

Can you see first signs of wrinkles on your face and wonder how to prevent them from growing? We will tell you what to do to make your skin look young and radiant for a long time. 

With time our skin grows old. Sometimes even 20-year-old women see first wrinkles. What to do to prevent them? See below.


Forget about genes and… get down to work

This is the first and the most important rule related to skin care. It is often wrongly said that it is genes that decide about our aging and we will surely look like our mothers. You couldn’t be further from the truth. According to the studies, our genes influence our aging in 30%, whereas the remaining 70% is dependent upon our lifestyle. And instead of complaining about genes, we should take care of our body.


Protect your skin against sun

Exposure to sun widely affects aging process of skin cells and emergence of wrinkles. To enjoy young skin for a long time, we should always remember about a good UV-filter cream. On sunny days we should use sunglasses which can protect our eyes from crow’s feet.


Provide antioxidants and vitamins

Skin aging process is hindered by the so-called antioxidants and vitamins. Where can we find them? Above all in the kitchen! Fruits and vegetables are a source of antioxidants and vitamins, and we should consume at least 5 portions of them on a daily basis. A good source of antioxidants is also a green tea which prevents wrinkles and helps you lose weight. When fighting for a beautiful skin, we must not forget about common sense. Too much green tea may in fact lead to serious digestive system diseases.


Pay attention to facial expressions

Facial wrinkles emerge due to our daily face movements. To prevent emergence of unaesthetic lines on the skin, it is essential that we avoid frequent frowning and wrinkling and spreading our skin below eyes, e.g. during trivial actions such as pouring drips to eyes. If we have poor eyesight, we should always remember about glasses or lenses because straining your eyesight and related eye movements, as well as face wrinkling may lead to emergence of wrinkles around your eyes.




Use creams

To make sure your skin is stretched and devoid of wrinkles, you should buy suitable creams as early as possible. The first and most important cream is a moisturizing cream. It often happens that we experience first wrinkles when we are very young because our skin is dehydrated and improperly cared. For those who deal with this problem, we recommend moisturizing creams enriched with vitamin C and retinol which prevent further skin lines.

We should also remember to start using anti-wrinkle creams as early as possible. We should forget about rumors which have it that our skin “gets lazy” because of them. It is good to remember that it is not manufacturer’s assurance which decides about whether a given cosmetic is good for our skin, it is not age specified on the label either, the most important is its composition. If our skin requires ingredients used in creams for e.g. the elderly, we should go for it.


Have a regular sleep

Sleep is the best cosmetic. Our face is radiant when we get enough sleep. For this reason, to prevent wrinkles and to help your own health, try to sleep well and long.


Give up smoking

Smoking cigarettes makes your skin age earlier, and consequently fosters emergence of wrinkles. To make it even worse, nicotine and tarry substances included in cigarettes cause a smoker to lack oxygen and look grey, dry and tired. Therefore to prevent wrinkles, give up smoking for good!

A registered medical dietitian. She has been dealing with dietetics for many years and expanding her knowledge through participation in dietetics-related conferences and training as well as reading scientific press. She helps children and adults to overcome their dietary difficulties, such as overweight and underweight, and get rid of bad eating habits. She also lectures on dietetics and proper supplementation. Thanks to the work in one of the largest dietetics companies in England, she learned the importance of suitable motivation and support in the process of changing eating habits. She gets much satisfaction when she can encourage people to lead healthy lifestyle. She knows well that everyone has own specific needs, and therefore she diagnoses all her patients on a case-by-case basis.